- Cliffdale has a culture of high expectation which enables all pupils to excel in all aspects of their development. The school’s ambition is to ensure a creative, rich and balanced curriculum supported by excellent knowledge of our pupils, ensuring a personalised approach to learning.
- Learning and teaching is excellent, and our pupils are confident learners, showing pride and enjoyment in their learning. They demonstrate high levels of engagement and independence and are enthusiastic about their achievements.
- Pupil outcomes are excellent in all respects and there is a whole school focus on communication, independence and personal development, preparing pupils extremely well for the next stage in their lives.
- Our pupils really enjoy school. They are resilient and contribute positively to their learning. Engagement in a wide range of activities including out of hours learning and residential visits is high and reflective of the diversity of the school provision.
- Pupils are well supported by the wide range of staff expertise and experience, particularly in supporting pupils with autism and associated sensory and behavioural needs.
- Our staff are highly valued, and we provide excellent staff development and opportunities to progress both at Cliffdale and across the Solent Academies Trust.
- A wide range of outdoor and adventurous learning activities including Forest School, kayaking, climbing, horse-riding and archery support pupils’ personal development including building confidence and self-esteem.
- Parents are highly supportive. Recent consultation shows that 100% of parents would recommend the school to another parent.